Pray For Lucy

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What A Day...Lord Give me STRENGTH!

Ok so I apologize for this post ahead of time and pardon the language I try not to cuss on here but the blog post is a bitch session. It is very negative so if you are not up for that PLEASE disregard. OK so with that disclaimer let me begin. The day started out at 0430 when Will decided it was time to get in our bed (that is not part of the gripe part) So anyways I dont really sleep good that often now when he is in our bed so I decided I would get up and look for my Ashley furniture warranty packet. See my in laws bought us some beautiful furniture in Ocotber 08 and they also bought us the extended warranty bc the sales lady said it covered EVERYTHING but jaw and claw-meaning animals. Well let me take a step back the furniture has not held up that well (which was fine in and of itself I mean it is a year and a half old) BUT the other day Will almost ate a TACK yes A TACK that came off the bottom of the ottoman. After this I had decide I would call them bc per the warranty we are suppose to be able to have our problems fixed and if not fixed then replaced. Ok so I searched all over and finally found the packet in a box in the attic (at 0500 in the am I know I am crazy i get OCD when I misplace things). then the next great part it says call our 24 hour customer service line so I did at 0530 and guess what they DONT open till 0800 (Something should have told me at this point that it wasnt going to be wasy this task) So I wait till 1030 and call. Well GUESS WHAT the only damn thing the ext warranty covers is "accidental stains" sooooo almost killing my child (I know dramatic but you get the point- a much bigger deal than a stain in my eyes) makes me SOL! So I decide to call the store we bought the furntiure from and they told me to call corporate. SOOOO I call corporate and have the pleasure (insert extreme disgust here) of speaking with Lajoyce (aka the devil). So I start my conversation with the devil I mean Lajoyce very politely to which she responds to me very rudely explaining I am 2 years out of my warranty. So I explain to her I havent had the furniture two year ( I guess Ashley furniture does not require math skill see buying furniture in 10/08 and calling with a problem in 2/10 may APPEAR to be two years to a dummy but if you know how to count it is actually less than a year and a half). She then explains i am out of the one year warranty (this I understand) so they cannot help me. I then again explain how serious I feel this problem is I mean a child almost eating a tack from THEIR furniture and she proceeds to LAUGH at me and again say there is nothing she can do. So I ask to file a complaint and she asks me what I think I am doing (she said this is what I was doing at that moment) So she never let me speak to upper mgmt.and was by far the rudest (insert expletive here)<---like the Pierre reference lol Ok so anyways my question is what do we do now...Hope my child doesnt find anymore crap that may fall off the furniture?
And on top of that to start the morning out we missed moms group bc i literally could not get out of bed bc my cramps were so bad. I havent had to deal with them for so long but I am afraid they have returned. Luckily I found my naproxen and they are a little more managable at the moment.
Again SORRY for the Debbie Downer post I was just literally so upset I was in tears and needed to vent! So Lesson learned- NEVER shop at Ashley furniture EVER again. Until then I am wondering if I can remove all the tacks so they cannot remove themselves!

0 comments: