Pray For Lucy

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I think this is a record(i know enough already but this is insomnia at its best!)





Ashley I dedicate this post to you lol! You are like me when it comes to pics always wanting to learn more well missy I have found the big mama jama (sp?) blog to help us. Just go on over to thepioneerwoman.com she has a whole tab dedicated to photography and she goes through step by step how to edit shots. the only down fall is she has the mega sweet photoshop cs4 so you have to search her blog for the elements stuff but either way it is just really good insight i just learned how to use the hard and soft light layers the hard light is good for making snow pics pop or atleast that what she says and i now agree here is a before and after pic :)


3 comments:

Claire said...

I'm so glad you stumbled! I see you discovered thepioneerwoman.com!!! She's where I learned all of my editing tips actually so instead of trying to repeat all of her wonderful knowledge, know that everything I've learned is straight from her blog. She'll also give you tips on learning your camera better and settings and stuff that will help you get better "SOOC" shots (Straight Out Of the Camera) as she calls them.

But any time you have a question about something I did specifically I'd be more than happy to help.

You'll learn that "Actions" are your saving grace. They're basically the "cheater" way to get fast results in PS and PSE. Pioneer Woman has free ones, so look for those. AND I just discovered Coffee Shop, another website. If you look in my right-hand column under photography, you'll find the link. There are TONS of free actions, textures, templates, etc. on that site and she always has Photoshop and Photoshop Elements versions.

Happy learning and sorry for the novel!

the harrison family said...

thanks cassie! haha...at least I hope the ashley you were talking about was me. if not, i enjoyed it too! :)

Cassie & Joey said...

it was you Ashley and thank you so much Claire i only found her sire bc of your sight lol i so want photoshop cs4 now i am starting to save up starting today! And on a complete side note I think we went to Memphis together i think I cheered a few years before ya :) anyways I am sure I will bug you in the future!