Pray For Lucy

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Full of posts this evening


Well although I love the night shift I must say that my slepp pattern is more than a little off. Atleast I only work two days a week but still i am such a night owl now and by that I mean i lay awake in bed (not exactly the most fun thing to do when the whole house is asleep! So anyways when I cant sleep i blog stalk (if that is a word) but you know what I mean all you blogging moms its one of the only ways to keep up with friends/family when you are cooped up in the house. well anyways two blogs caught my attention today the Love From Texas: Favorite Verse post and Kellys Korner post on the Simple Pleasures. I dont have tons of Bible Verses yet seeing how I have just started my journey of exploring the bible ( I went over that tid bit in my new years res. post) but i would have to say the verse that i hold so close to my heart these days is 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 This verse is what really pushed me over the edge (in a good way) to start getting to know God better than I ever have before. When Lyse Terkheurst came to hope to speak her whole talk was over this bible verse and I dunno if it was her or the verse itself but WOW it had a very powerful impact on me so although I dont have more to contribute I hope this can touch atleast one other person out there the way it has touched me!

And for the Simple Pleasures well its just that, Kelly talks about a friend who had this game she use to play called simple pleasures where you list the little things that make you happy! We have been kinda discussing things like this in my Monday night Bible Study. In a world where it is so easy to get caught up in the "whats wrong with my life" mode its nice to remember whats "right" with the world!
Some of my Simple Pleasures would be watching my son grow into such a wild a crazy fun little man, oh and the giggles and smiles he is always so eager to share with me (especially at bathtime), knowing I have a husband who will do anything for me and his child, glade plug ins in hawaian breeze and clean cotton, pedicures, Edward Cullen, One Tree Hill, those few weeks of awesome windy weather between fall and winter and then again between spring and summer, scarves and tunic tops, uggs, having the sunroof open and windows down on the above stated days, sushi nights once a week, and oh the list could go on and on and on. And my biggest simple pleasure would be knowing that I have more on my happy plate that i do on my sad plate! I love with I come across things that really put it into perspective for ya!

0 comments: