Pray For Lucy

Saturday, January 30, 2010

I know its only January but seriously people Im already in Bday Party mode!!




Ok so the reason I have Wills first bday on the brain so early is bc I really want to personalize it as much as possible without going overboard (yeah right?!but seriously dont want it be a huge hodge podge sp?) And I really wanna try to do the things myself bc I found this awesome blog (polkadots and pirates something like that it really doesnt matter since she isnt making things right now :() and they had the CUTEST stuff but go figure as of January 4th she will no longer be doing personalized party stuff which really stinks bc she had the whole kit and kaboodle like banners, door signs, invites, cupcake toppers etc. So now its on me bc after discussing it with my sister in law and my friend Jess it sooo shouldnt be hard. So above are two ideas I i just kinda threw together for invites. I love the green and black and white damask. The colors have kinda been the staple theme for me I had a babyshower this color scheme, Wills nursery is this color scheme etc. I cant decide if its to girly though??? What is your take (honest opinion please!) and then the green and teal I thought was fun I dont really have a picture I wanna use right now so I just kinda threw one on the one and didnt bother with the other. I think I have decided to just do a color scheme for his first bday, I wanna save all the fun things for as he gets older and starts to really enjoy his bdays (after all this is a parents celebration right haha- I think I have already posted something like this in a previous post???) so my next question to all you moms out there what did you guys do for your kids first bday I want it to be great which means I need to start getting stuff together now??? I think that is it for now Will is rising from his slumber haha. Oh and one more wuick wuestion where can i find some cuter little sayings not sure I am sold on the one I used again just kinda throwing stuff together to get a feel of what direction I am trying to go.

1 comments:

Love from Texas said...

loving the idea of the color scheme for his first. it's kinda what i tried to with knoxs (blue/green/brown) and i think it's also be really cute to do a 'monogram' theme along with it... like "W" cupcake toppers, circle cookies with "w" on them, etc... marthastewart.com has some really cute ideas for the monogram theme. and you can make a banner easy with some ribbon, scrapbook paper cut in to triangles and then print the letters on your computer and cut them out in to circles... but don't feel bad. my mind is already reeling for knox's 2nd and it's in MAY!