my poor baby had his first fever yesterday :( He woke up whiny and although he wasnt pulling at his ear something told me he had an ear infection (he has been draining for a while so i have been waiting for it to happen) He was very fussy while me and my friend were shopping at Marshalls so we packed up and left. We got home and I checked out his gums, they are a little white in areas so I bet some new teeth will soon be making way! I thought that might be fussy so with a low grade temp of 100.6 i gave him some tylenol and put him down for his nap. When he woke up about after an hour I picked him up and he was scorching! I checked his temp again and it was 101.1 I was like uh oh (remember tylenol an hour ago) also at this point he had two episodes of coughing so hard he puked blobs of milk and mucus on me. So I called the dr and they said come on in. So at this point I hopped in the showere to go (appt wasnt until 530 and it was 430) well by time I got out of shower he was coughing so hard his poor little face was turning a light shade of purple (yall know I freak out so although trying to stay calm i do know that after purple comes blue and well I didnt want to wait for that to happen) so I stopped drying my hair and picked him up, again he was even hotter than before so I check his temp on the way out the door and 102.9 was what I saw eek! So we got to dr office and they got us straight back. His temp there was 102.1 and after a full exam we got the news he had a right ear infection (reason for the fever) and possible RSV....Yikes! the reason I say possible is bc the dr didnt actually test him for it she said we technically wouldnt treat him any differently (hey dont give antibiotics for RSV) She bulb suctioned him out and got less than I do and was like "wow thats thick" and I was thinking duh thats why he is choking on it. so I was sent home with antibiotics for his ear and tylenol/motrin orders. I am also suppose to watch him like a hawk to make sure that the resp part of this doesnt get worse. So far so good. His fever was right at 10 this am which is the lowest its been and he didnt cough to bad overnight. However after his am bottle he had a pretty signifigant coughing fit but hes out now. So I am gunna go cuddle with my munchkin man. Hopefully we can kick this in the bud fast!
Friday, January 15, 2010
Poor Pitiful Baby
Posted by Cassie & Joey at 7:12 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment