Pray For Lucy

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Where do I begin????





Ok so Wow what a day! I have a whirlwind of emotions right now. I dont even know where to begin this post but I know i have worked up a big story and i am keeping precious readers waiting (haha) Well a prelude to this story would be the fact that 2 weeks ago i locked Will in the car while loading up at Sams (on Getwell) I was being the overprotective mom locking the car while putting Will in his seat (so nobody could jump in on the other side and get me and my little man) long story short I shut the door and everything was in the car including Will. Some nice people stopped to help me and Joey came and unlocked the door. Total crisis lasting less than 30 minutes. I was suprisingly calm (since it was not 100+ degrees outside) Ok so that is Lock Out #1

Onto Lock Out #2....
So before I get into this very long blog let me tell you about Lysa Terkeurst. She is an amazing Christian women who came to speak to all the women of Hope Pres. She was fabulous both nights (I will post more on her later to prevent a mile long blog) BUT the pics above are in part thanks to her. I created a little scrapbook page with my favorite Bible Verse from her talk, then I took a little trip to the christian bookstore after Lock out #2 today and picked up a Womens(MOM) Devotional Bible (NIV), a journal to write about my journey to know the Bible better ( a new years resolution),some awesome bangles with verses on them, a book and Praise Baby cd for Will, another little book about getting closer to God and the the love dare cards from the movie fireproof (and no we are not having marrital issues but being parents can definitely take away from the alone time that use to exist so I thought this was a great way to get/stay on track and in tune with one another). I think that is all I bought but anyways BACK to the story at hand. So after listening to Lysa today I headed out to the car to load up which required WAY more today seeing as I had my camera gear (I was asked to take pics of the event to post on the churchs site), a purse and a diaperbag, I NEVER carry this much!!! So as always i put Will in the car without realizing the key fob to my car must have fallen out of my hand into his carseat under him (my actual keys were still in purse i had warmed car this am so they were seperate). So I dunno if his butt locked the door or if I did it without even thinking about it but as I waved bye to my sis in law and was shutting the door I had the heart dropping feeling that i had done it again which was quickly overlooked by the oh no i didnt I have my key fob and besides i didnt hit the lock button...Well boy was I WRONG because when I went to open his door I had that awful feeling again...it was locked! So after yelling a bad word that starts with S and ends with T at the top of my lungs in the church parking lot (Lord I apologize) I realized I was alone again..until I flagged a nice young lady named Misty/Missy/Mitsy down, I was a little frantic so i cant really remember the details. But she was gracious enough to let me use her cell phone (bc again all my things were locked in the car with Will). And again Joey came to bail us out. In the end Will was fine yet again but this time I was so much more upset. I really couldnt tell you if it was because I had done it again, I was worried for him or if I was embarassed at the thought that people I know may come out and see me and think what a horrible mother I am and then BAM Lysa and Gods words hit me like a ton of bricks...A) who cares what people think of me I know I am doing the best I can and I am fine with that (not so fine with locking my kid in the car but you get my point) and B) God knew I was gonna do this a long time ago and he allowed it so I should just believe in him and he will see me through and then I thought about what Lysa said about her daughters gymnastics injury and it all made sense. God was looking out for us and who knows maybe he was saving us from something worse???? The interstate was backed up on the way home and I assumed it was due to a wreck and then I thought wow Gods plan who knows where we might have been if Lock out #2 hadnt happened??? So although I hope a weekely lock out is not Gods plan for me I am thankful for the experience to hear him speak to me today in the Church parking lot! After my adventures in the christian bookstore I popped in the praise baby cd and cried the whole way home. I can say that my heart is a lot more open now and I look forward to seeing what God has in store for me this year because today has opened my door! I also found that Lysa has a blogspot (see blogs I'm following) and you can google proverbs31ministry and get daily devotionals emailed to ya.Thats about all the excitement I can post about right now but I will def blog later :) Hope the story was worth the suspense ladies!

P.S. If anyone wants a copy of the bible verse let me know (see pic above)

5 comments:

Love from Texas said...

oh no!! haha... i think it's the mommy brain thing. i ALWAYS do it. but after the lady at MDO called 911 on us and the city's entire rescue team came to the church with SIRENS, i have invested in 3 hide-a-keys. in fact i used one today. (at MDO again.) haha! let me know how you like the love dare cards... i love that movie.

Cassie & Joey said...

Yeah Joey has already said that a hide a key is in my near future and I am seriously considering restarting onstar( I officially think the 199 activation fee will be worth it haha)

the harrison family said...

totally want a copy of that Bible verse!

sorry for your lockout #2 experience, but I'm thankful that you made the best of the situation with your "ahh ha" moment.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this Cassie....Had a rough day yesterday myself...made me feel better to think of it as Gods plan!

The Toohigs said...

When I have one of those "mommy brain" moments, I have to tell myself that Helen Grace will have forgotten it in five minutes and will be completely in love with me again! If only that would last into her teenage years! I would LOVE a copy of the Bible verse too!