Ok so today went from bad to worse quite quickly. so will has been febrile (having a fever) since saturday am. It has been low grade (101 ish) so I gave some tylenol. Well saturday night after dinner and James baptism it reached 103 so we started the tylenol/motrin alternating schedule and it still didnt drop below 101. The weird thing was that he was so happy he didnt seem sick at all so I assumed it was probably his ears. After church this am i called the s office and the on call nurse said keep with the meds and bring him in mon am first thing. ok no big deal. Well I worked tonight so I had this feeling in me to call in but i talked myself out of it (I will listen to my motherly instinct from now on!) I convinced myself that he was fine and that I cant just call in everytime my baby has a fever. Well so I could get some sleep tonight my inlaws watched Will after church. I got a text mid afternoon that his fever finally broke yeah so no worrys on the drive into work. I guess it was about 1030 when Joey called me and said he was taking him to the ed! I was like what for? Well apparently he was acting funny, throwing up and his fever was 104.6...yikes! So Jey is not the worrier in the family (that would be me) so it scared me that he was so worried. So they went and after being triaged the nurse said his temp was 102 and that more than likely it was his left ear (he was pulling at it by that point) but if it wasnt his ears he was a little junkyso they would do a cxr (chest xray). Well after waiting a couple hours Wills fever broke and they decided to leave (apparently the freaks come out at night lol and we could take him to his pcp who knows him in leass than 8 hrs) so looks like I will be takinga trip to the peds office in the am and I hope he didnt get exposed to anything while in the nasty hospital waiting room. I tell you what it really sucks feeling that helpless see I am stuck at work so i wasnt able to go to the ed with my little man....tear! After doing some crazy rearranging of the assignment had I needed to leave it would have been possible but since it was going to require someone getting a whole new assignment in the middle of the shift i was trying to wait and see what the dr said. But since Will didnt see a dr i am still at work :( Wishing I was at home loving and rocking my little man to sleep. But I know he is in good hands I just wih I wouls have gone with my motherly instinct and called in earlier today then I would have been there :( Oh well I guess we live and learn I just hope tomm that it is just his ears and not something worse!
Monday, March 8, 2010
What a Mess!
Posted by Cassie & Joey at 1:14 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment