Pray For Lucy

Monday, March 1, 2010

Please NO Stomach Bug-WARNING- this is a graphic post

so where to begin???? I woke up today and noticed it was 730 and there was no baby in the bed...nice right well as I was about to go back to sleep for as longs as possible I hear stirring on the monitor. Will usually pouts a little and we go in there and get him well this was not the case this am I walked in his room and he was crawling around is his crib. I know this in and of itself is not abnormal but you see I smelled this horrible smell and well I knew he had pooped and just like my facebook status yesterday I knew it was gonna be bad I just didnt know how bad. So I walked over to his crib and picked him up only to find that from the stomach down literally front to back there was not one dry spot on his pjs he had diarrhea everywhere (atleast it was watery right???) Meaning it was now on me :( As I look into his crib I also notice there is barely a dry spot on his sheets and it got on the boppy :( I was horrified,not only thinking how gross it was but more importantly what was wrong with my little man! So of course I yell for back up. While I got Will in the bath i had joey help with the clean up. Apparently that was just the beginning bc when were leaving for church (already late) he did it again and had to be changed. Then at church we had a false alarm we took him to the cry room bc we didnt want to expose and healthy babies in the nursery but as soon as we got in there Joey said uh oh so I rushed to the bathroom but no poo we did however have and episode of emesis at church but it was when I was picking him up so I think he choked himself! So after church we went to eat with the family and then it was back home where we had another blow out. I just dont know what to think you see this has happened a couple times since Christmas and its always random he seems to feel fine but he has this AWFUL poop! I mean no lie it is neon green and smells like a petting zoo (told you this was graphic-sorry) Do any of you moms out there know what this could be??? Rotavirus is just about the only poop I have not seen in my nursing days and i just dont know if this could be that because of the random pattern and the fact that he has gotten the vaccine? I am more afraid that it is revolved around something we are feeding him but I havent been able to pin point a source! All I know is I wouldnt wish it upon my worst enemy! So if anyone has any suggestions I am all ears. I want to take him to mothers day out tomm seeing that I got NO sleep today but I dont know if we should go see the ped instead? I guess that is enough talk about poo though! On the other hand the reason I did not sleep was bc I was staining my door and shutters we are so close to being done with that project but our "bathroom" renovation that I was hoping would be done today will be lasting even longer we are planning on now adding a stand up shower in our half bath which will be a plus but until it is finished it is not so fun there is dust everywhere from the demo and not that I am a clean freak but geez this mess is starting to get to me (so you know it has to be bad right?!) I will have to post a pic soon, I missed out on the photo op of the toilet and sink hanging out in the front yard (insert redneck joke here) Luckily they made there way down to the street so now hopefully the garbage men will pick them up or someone will come steal them (one mans junk.......) any who back to work I go!

1 comments:

Love from Texas said...

aww bless his heart :( i hear the stomach bug is going around, so you'll probably just have to wait it out... and i'm sure you know - keep him hydrated!

knox hates Pedialyte but he loves the off-brand Parents Choice kind from wal-mart. we keep them stocked in the individual 'squeeze-it' bottles for "those" nights...