Pray For Lucy

Saturday, March 26, 2011

New Carseat Recs

Ok so before I say what I am about to say PLEASE understand that I get that its safer to stay rear facing till 2. It makes sense and I am NOT arguing this. I am just bringing up what I noticed when watching a video that another blogger posted. Its on you tube and its titled rear facing is best i believe. Any who it is going through all the statistics-which I agree with. Well then it shows the "dummy" crashes. The forward facing one looks bad I wont lie, but it also looks as if the straps werent tightened (at all) then you get to the rear facing one and they show it from the side and overhead. Well from the side the dummy doesnt budge (again safer I know) BUT when they show it from overhead if you look you will see that there is a white peice of tape, fabric whatever it is strapping the kids head to the carseat. No wonder it didnt move lol. I mean if I taped Wills head to the carseat I would imagine he would stay put a little more than if I didnt ( actually he would go nuts- good thing normal people dont do this). so anyways I am all for safety but maybe someone shouldve looked at the video a little closer before they posted that one. And hey if Im wrong then I will apologize ahead of time. I even had a co worker look after me to see if I was just imagining things. Wish I could post the video but I am at work with no you tube so go check it out for yourself and let me know what you think! Heres the link from the blog I read that posted it. And Im not downing her this is just the only way I could post it from my comp!
http://www.becoming-mom.net/2010/04/19/rear-facing-carseat-video-must-watch/

1 comments:

Melody said...

we kept Lilliana turned around until she was 2 but she also wasn't 20 lb yet until then. We will probably do the same for H, but I see a lot of bad things in PICU so I worry a lot about that. Hopefully he won't realize things could be different bc of sister. Lilliana never gave us any grief because she never knew the difference until we turned her.