Ok so seriously did I miss something or am I just uber aware now that I have a child???? But WHEN did the sirens start going off when there was no confirmed tornado. Dont get me wrong I am all about early detection I HATE storms and the more aware I am of them the better but since 4 oclock this am i have totally felt like the sirens were going off for a tornado watch bc there was not one confirmed tornado anywhere near us?!?!?! the news people want you to take things seriously but it seems to me they are totally building up a "boy who cried wolf scenarion" after today i would doubt anybody gets into a closet/safe place when they hear the sirens I know i didnt this afternoon, at 4 am yes i was in the hall with pillows everywhere but i soon realized they were blowing smoke. Ok so im off my soapbox it just seems so silly. I am probably more disturbed to bc last night was the first night we ever left Will! He stayed with my mom since it was the hubbys bday. It was very spontaneous that I even decided for him to have a slumber party (reason for not checking the weather) I did not realize that i didnt have to work since i had taken off for his bday so i planned a big night of fun! But in true old people fashion (that we now are) we ate sushi had a few drinks rented a movie and went to bed lol exciting i know, but I guess its a good thing we didnt go "party the night away" bc we wouldve totally slept through it all! But anyways back to leaving Will you can only imaging my fear at 4 when I wake up (without child no less) You see we have satellite which goes out always so I have weather alerts text to my phone so at 4 i get a text and my phone is so loud that it woke me up I read tornado warning so I immediately turned on the news and wondered why the sirens werent going off and where the tornado was (only to find out there was NO tornado...EVER) . I was immediately sick to my stomach I wanted to drive to cordova and get my child, i called my mom and woke her up and we stayed on the phone a while she said he had been so good and had been asleep since 7! Apparently he takes after his dad bc Joey went back to sleep and was not up for driving to cordova. I knew Will was fine and that we were safer at the house but still I just wanted Will to be with us. since the sirens proceeded to go off I woke Joey up again and informed him that he had a wife to care for lol so he made me a huge pillow pallet in the hall and there we slept for the rest of the night with our three dogs. At 7 i woke up and headed to get my little man and we ended up staying at my moms all day. We got some sleep but not enough so now I am at work hoping the storms will behave while I am away from my family. And to everyone else stay safe :)
Saturday, May 1, 2010
Siren Overkill
Posted by Cassie & Joey at 9:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment