Ok so I am feeling a little better. After venting (via blog) this afternoon i had put Will down for a nap and decided to take one myself. When we woke up my neighbor had texted me that her and her daughter were outside playing. So after giving Will dinner (still refused the veggies but ate some mac and cheese and 3 grilled chicken strips) we headed out. The kids had bunches of fun while the mommies chatted. Will even got to experience his first popsicle. He doesnt normally like cold things but i stripped him down ( i know classy right) and let him have at the all fruit pop and he was in heaven. Granted most of the popsicle ended up on the ground and all over his body opposed to his mouth but it really was the cutest thing ever. So I guess dinner was productive. I am going to try more frequent smaller meals tomm we had been doing three meals and snacks but maybe a little more substance more times a day will get him interested. I still have to get the cookbook tom and maybe a food processor to puree veggies? i dunno we will see how things go. I realized earlier i was focusing on things i was insecure about. I mean i know Will eats but i have been worried he doesnt eat enough and then the dr makes that comment and well i guess i started feeling like a bad mom so on top of worrying about mny child i added the worrying if I am good at this to the plate. Well I decided after having such a good end to a not so great day that I just need to put my big girl panties on and deal with it. I am not always going to do everything right and sometimes I may be totally in the wrong I just have to do what is best for my son and not sweat the small stuff (hmm maybe i should read that book) All i can do is try my best and ask for help and focus on what is going right. So here is a little of what Will is up to these days at the ripe age of 15 months:
he has a decent vocabulary with some unexpected words thrown in- he says Momma, Daddy, dog, jude and jake (good attempts atleast), hi, bye, WOW (one of his faves), WHOA (really where did this come from), NO (another fave), I am probably forgetting some. He doesnt talk a lot but it is so funny when these words come out of his mouth. He is often too bust exploring to stop and chit chat.
Like I said above- he is ALWAYS exploring. He took his first steps between 13-14months and he has only perfected his mvmt since then. he is all over the plae and into everything. At times it can be crazy but other times it can be really fun. Like the past week whenever i gate the dogs in the kitchen he knows we are leaving and he heads for the door and he walks himself out to the car (i am right beside him of course) but he loves the independence you can just see it in his eyes.
He climbs on everything we have already had several boo boos which I know will only get worse.
He is using the paci less frequently. It took about a week to teach hime that the paci was used only for bed and the car he now hands it to us when we say give me that paci. He has even recently began to literally give it to me by putting it in my mouth haha too cute
he has also become a little attached to a lovey (his little yellow duck lovey) he isnt toally crazy about it but he wil rub it when he goes to sleep. He has even pulled his silk/fussy blue blanket out from his crib and into whatever room I am in a few times.
He still doesnt sit still much for us to read him a book and normally as I begin a book he runs off with it but its still fun to attempt.
He likes music and he loves to dance. Sometime i will turn to check on him in the carseat and he is just head bobbing right on key. and when he cathces me watching him he just giggles.
On the way home from the lake he expereinced his full bulldog shake. We were told that we couldnt pass bald knob without stopping at the bulldog resturant and getting a shake. we let him have a sip and he went nuts so when I was done with mine I handed him my cup and it entertained him for a good thirty minutes.
I am sure I forgetting so many things but of all the things I could remember I wanted to jot them down. These are the things that make me happy and make me realize its ok to have moments, its all a learning experience.
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
A little Better
Posted by Cassie & Joey at 10:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment