Ok so I think this might be the craziest thing i ever blog about. So a fellow co worker who has three boys and is expecting her first girl very soon informed me a couple of weeks ago that i should start taking Will to the bathroom with me (and joey do the same) everytime we go to the bathroom and before we know it he will be potty trained. I thought this was crazy but she swore all of her children we potty trained between 15 and 18 months. Whoa! Well by NO means and I wanting my child to hurry up and grow up but it seemed crazy that a kid that age could pick up on such a concept (not to mention how nice would that be get him out of diapers before the next one gets here ( and NO that does not mean I am preggers just saying its one less thing to think about) So anyways back to my story well I dont know what it was about to day (maybe that I opened the closet and saw our cute little frog potty we recieved at a shower) but i decided to give it a whirl. So after he woke up from his nap (since i myself had to potty tmi i know lol) i took him in there with me removed his diaper and sat him down. To say he LOVED it would be an understatement he just sat there in pure delight. I even took a video on my phone but not sure how to upload on here and you can see hins tinkle so i probably wont hehe. Any how he didnt pee but i wasnt really expecting him too. THEN later in the after noon after our next nap (im not lazy i just had to work tonight so that means snoozapalooza on fridays) we went again and wouldnt you know as soon as I put him on the potty he PEED (sp?) I was in shock. Again he was so exicted and we both clapped lol. I was pretty sure it was coincedental of course and thought nothing of it except that maybe with some consistency this may actually work after awhile. Well to my disbelief Joey called me at work to tell me that before bath time Will peed in the potty again. YEAH for my littleman. Now by no means do i think this will lead to spontaneous potty training at 14 months nor am i gonna be the hard core mom who insists that my child is trained by a certin age but hey if he likes it and does it then why not right?!?! There are crazy moms out there who do all kinds of other stuff so i guess i can call this my crazy mom moment
Friday, July 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
wow, i'm impressed!
All we can get Lilly to do is poop on the potty seat. She already likes to follow me into the bathroom (love the audience)so maybe we should try this.
so far he keeps going every time we put him on it. Im not expecting him to tell me he has to go potty anytime soon but i have heard boys are harder to train so if i get him interested now then maybe it will be easier down the road lol
Post a Comment