Pray For Lucy

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Feeling Refreshed!


What else can I say but what a wonderful weekend. I was so sad to come home today, we even thought about staying an extra day but we decided it was best to go ahead and come home (more of the reason later in post). I have not been to the lake in soooo long (before me and Joey got married to be exact) so when our plans fell through to hit up a hotel in MS for the weekend (since we kinda spent that money on new iphones hehe) and our good friends the Bagwells asked if we wanted to head to Heber i quickly said yes and started packing! We headed out early saturday morning (couldve headed out friday night but i didnt get cancelled from work like I was suppose to but oh well no worries) We got to the cabin around lunch time and out on the water we went! I wasnt too worried about Will since he is such a water baby anyways and well wouldnt you know he LOVED the lake. I was a little skeptical of how the whole life jacket situation would go but he never once tried to pull it off or freak out. Napping in it was another story but lets just say he did pretty good with minimal naps. The naps of course only occured when we were cruising across the lake...as soon as we would stop up he would be. We got him in the water a few times. he would scoot off the back of the boat into our arms. I think I was more scared of the lake water than he was (i have this fear about not seeing what is below me...eek!) Saturday we just kind of took it easy seeing that i had been up for 24hr+. I had been up since 10am fri am went to work and then planned on sleeping the whole way to the lake but Will did not sleep like we had planned so my three hr nap turned into about 2 thirty minute naps. I think I did pretty well saturday but by about 8pm i was DONE!!!! Then Sunday we had some real fun. I tried to wake board and lets just say it wasnt to pretty. I am definitely no longer the athletic lady i was in hs/college lol. I would estimate a total intake of about 2-3 gallons of water in each nostril per wipeout (and there were many!) Saturday night we cooked out and then me and Jess headed to the cabing with the kids. Both nights i was out by ten. Today was also a lot of fun too we got out on the lake around ten and met up with all of our other friends who were already out on their boats and all tied up in the water and hung out. I also tried to water ski today. I have only done it one other time and back then (cheerleading days) I got up on the first try. Today...not so much. It took about 5 times but i finally got up for a good 3 seconds lol. Lets just say i realized just how out of shape I am. Muscles i forgot I evenhad are already starting to ache. It really was soooo much fun though. It totally made me want a boat! But before we get a boat we will definitely need a NEW HOUSE seeing that ours almost BURNT DOWN while we were gone. And that is the reason we didnt stay and extra day. SOOOOO my sis house sat for me while we were gone and saturday when she got here she turned the tv on in our room and heard a loud pop. Nothing else happend so she went about her business. Well Sunday when she got to our house she smelled smoke when she went bakc to our bedroom. She called Joey (I guess then is when I was attempting to wakeboard) and he said call the fire dept if you smell smoke. So my sis did and Memphis Fire came and checked everything out. Well from my sisters side of the story they basically thought she was crazy turned off our power and said call mlgw. So my poor sis was stuck with this huge mess. Well apparently MLGW was busy bc they came right away. My sis explained the pop of the tv etc and the mlgw guy decided to investigate. Well he pulled our dresser away from the wall where our tv is and wouldnt you know the surge protector we have there was basically on fire. No flames but smoking like crazy bc it was burning!!! GEEZ can you say CLOSE ONE. I cannot even imagine if something wouldve happened my poor pups were here and well we have built our family in this home. I may hate it at times but it is a roof over our head and i definitely dont want anything to happen to it! So that is what brought us home early but I am kinda glad to be home in my comfy bed with my comfy pillows etc. We just have no tv in our room tonight which kinda stinks. I think that pretty much sums up the weekend so i will leave you now with the fun pics!

Not to thrilled at this particular moment lol

Loving the water at this moment

Me and my little man
Dont worry Dads got em
One of the short naps i was telling you about
Just Relaxing
Enjoying some milk before bedtime
Father Son bonding
Trying to take Uncle Charlies boat for a spin
Enjoying our mini vacay


0 comments: