Pray For Lucy

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Its Really August...already?!?!

Time just seems like it is flying by so quickly! I cant believe it is already August it seems like it was just Wills first birthday and now here we are rounding the corner to 18 mths. One plus to it being August 1st is that I sucessfully ordered my ZOO BREW tickets today for Sept 3rd woo hoo. Me and Joey had such a great time earlier this summer at the first one that we are going again and this time our friends Rachel and Clint S. are joining us :) Can you tell I am excited :) I am not a lush I just truly enjoy the taste of beer from time to time for those of you who enjoy wine tastings this is MY version!)

Enough of that though onto more interesting things like that fact that Wills nickname should be spiderman because he is climbing all ovr everything. I am truly impressed that we have not ended up at the hospital yet!! Just today he climbed into his high chair which ours is pretty high so it looks like i will be keeping it on its lower leverl from now on. The funny thing was that we can actually remove the chair from the high part and it can sit on the ground (its a convertible highchair) So i thought it would be cute to put it on the ground and see what he did and well wouldnt you know it wasnt hardly as exciting for him anymore lol. My little man the daredevil. He is also teething and well it is making for some LONG nights :( He wakes up screaming and it just breaks my heart I have actually given in and given him a bottle the past few nights (we stopped bottles a few weeks ago) but it seems to be the only thing that calms him down. We are also using the teething tablets and I am not sure what my stand is on them sometimes i think they work and then other times im not so sure. Not to mention they are just belladonna tablets ( a medication that use to be and rx and is now over the counter and was used as a sedative back in the day lol) I am sure the tabs are very small doeses but the only information I can find on belladonna links it to opiates and phenobarb haha kinda crazy. makes me wonder if im sedating my child????

Speaking of treatments we are currently treating Will for a spider bite :( So a couple of weeks ago we found what we thought was a brown recluse. Well it was actually just a cellar spider but either way Will was bitten by some icky critter right on his left elbow. It is swollen red and has a dark center so being the paranoid nurse mom that I am I immediately went to the urgent care office yesterday seeing that our dr office was closed. I only did this bc i thought if it were a brown recluse bite (brown center) that I would much rather start antibiotic therapy prior to a dr visit on manday whenever we could be fit in and i thought the copay was the same as the peds office....Well NOPE the copay was actually 40.00! (upon hearing this i kinda felt that maybe we shouldve waited but anyone who knows me knows that was out of the question haha after all its just money right lol) So we were actually the only people there (nice to know that I wasnt exposing him to twice as many germs just to get his arm looked at! He totally put on the charm to he was flirting up a storm walking all over like he owned the place! We ended up seeing Dr. Wllis he was very nice and indeed confirmed my fear it was a spider bite BUT he didnt think it was a brown recluse :) He said to watch him and do motrin. benadryl and neosprin/peoxide to the site) and monitor for increased swelling-oozing etc (and follow up with dr if the s/s appeared). Well today it was more red in color but no increase in the brown aread or size so i guess we are ok for now?! I dont know what I am gonna do with this little guy I wish i had taken a picture of him he has 3 mosquito bites on his face his left eye is black and blue from a run in with the laptop (laptop-1 Will-0) a slight rash all over his body (whats new my baby is the rashy-est kid in the world) and then his spider bite on his arm...good thing his pictures were a couple weeks ago :)

speaking of pictures in 2 weeks I will be heading to the BEACH and I intend on taking TONS of pictures while I am there :) I hope Will enjoys the ocean this year last year he did so good ( we had the greatest set up bouncy seat in sun shade tent under the umbrella with the fan blowing in his direction) this year i hope he enjoys playing in the sand and water. Maybe he will even come back with a head full of white hair seeing how me and his daddy were little toe heads ( i believe thats what they call white hair beach babies). Guess we will have to wait and see!

And lastly I am needing some advice from my mommy friends out there. We have been going to HOPE for a while now and we have LOVED it. After Will was born I became part of the moms group there and we even started putting him in the nursery during sunday service. In the crawler room he LOVED it and you could tell the volunteers really loved taking care of the children and they would always give you a little report on how he did and we would always get the same thing "Please bring him back to our room next sunday he did great and we had so much fun playing with him" This made me feel so good bc as a mom im sure most can relate in the fact that you dont like leaving your child with strangers even if it is church! Well since he has started walking he now goes to the one year old /walking room and well I must say that I am very dissappointed with it. Everytime we have gone to drop him off it has felt more like a burden than a positive experience ( i have even started grabbing a pager bc it makes me that nervous). I guess i should say me and Joey go to the 1000 Hope service (lol they only have a 930 service we are just normally 20 minutes late bc it takes forever to get out the door and on our way) So i understand that by the time we drop him off most of the classes are full but instead of addressing the number of children in each class as a safety concern for the child (which i understand so many kids per adult) they make it seem like you cant come here we are full (and if they are truly full there is a sign on the clipboard that says this class is full please go to classroom such and such)I mean today the first room we went to was full so we went to the room it said to go to well then that woman said we have 14 kids go to the next room then that woman asked if we checked the other room and when I said yes she said they have 14 she said well we have that many too. WELLLLLL...so I looked at my husband and said maybe we should go to the cry room with him and they lady looked like that is what she wanted me to do but my husband handed her will and we headed towards church ( i also stopped to get a pager and there werent any so i was even that much more nervous seeing that last week the lady told Joey that Will got the climber of the day award since everytime they turned around he was on top of the tables ugh!) So I guess the help I need is some advice I dont want to find another church for this reason but its really weighing heavy on my heart and i dont know what to do? I mean i volunteered there one wed night and had an awful experience so i politely declined to continue volunteering bc i knew it wasnt for me. I wish others would do the same.

Ok so I think that is all that has been going on in my world this week. I hope everyone has a wonderful week :)

2 comments:

Our Volunteer Family said...

I would e-mail the staff member in charge of the children's ministry and just tell him your concerns. It sounds like they need to open another room for that age group. Usually - Craig (the children's ministry director) is very understanding.

Love from Texas said...

i had to comment bc i used to volunteer in there when we went, and that seemed to always be the case. too many kids and not enough volunteers.

i'd take it up with the coordinator and maybe suggest that hope needs to start hiring nursery workers and using volunteers for supplemental help. that's what a lot of churches are doing these days and i think it's good bc it alleviates a lot of stress and it's nice to know professionally trained workers are in there... i'm sure hope has the growth/funds to do that!

or - maybe suggesting that the nursery would be a good place for the high school youth group kids to volunteer. like have one/two adults in each class and 2 youth helpers. they actually DO enjoy being there and playing with the babes :)

ooor - i don't know if you usually work sat nights but we got to where we'd only got to the 8am service just bc it was less crowded. (i don't even know if they still do that one.) took some extra effort to get there, but it was nice.

:)