Pray For Lucy

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Stopping to Smell the Roses

Everyone knows the scenario..there arent enough hours in the day to get everything done, If only you had a few extra limbs to assist with household chores etc. I always seem to find myself in a sprint to get things done. Being practically a stay at home mom ( i work 2 nights a week while little man sleeps)you would think I had all the time in the world. I have now added photography into my daily routine which I LOVE but it can definitely keep me busy lol. Anyways enough rambling my point is that although I am with my son 24/7 I often feel distracted with the rest of lifes demands. When I feel this way it makes me sad I dont want my son to see me as the top of a head behind a computer screen (editing pics) or staring down at a phone or always trying to keep a clean house instead of playing. So lately I have been trying to really pay attention to what my son sees me do. Will isnt the little baby he once was, there isnt any down time so I have begun to take advantage of it and I couldnt be more happy with the outcome. I hope this doesnt sound awful to anyone you read some blogs and its always peachy keen jelly bean but this is how i am going to remember things and I want it to be the truth and not the sugar coated kind! We have had so much fun lately. I have begun to blog and edit and facebook ONLY when he is napping or in bed for the night. I now know the dishes can wait ( believe me that wasnt the hardest thing to do i was already pretty good at this) We have been singing lots of songs and working on animal sounds and body parts. He likes to say ah ah ah (monkey) and unfortunately the only body part he "knows" is well his boy part and mommy didnt teach hime that ( dont worry daddy didnt either and NO we dont say where is your boy part and he points it out he just holds on to it whenever he is naked as if it might fall off lol. Life is changing so much and it is so amazing to see their little minds work ( i know i probably say that all the time). Dont know why i went off on this ramble i guess you just wonder if anyone can relate? Either way the new schedule has been a lot more fun than the old one. I will leave ou with my favorite recent pic of Will. He is growing so fast! Oh and I almost forgot when we left church wed am as i was closing the door closest to him he was pointing and yelling dadadada, of course dada was no where around so as I got in the car i looked in the direction he was still pointing and wouldnt you know there was a silver truck (liek what his daddy drives) lookd like they are a lot smarter than we give them credit for :)


0 comments: