Pray For Lucy

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Where does the time go?

First of all it has been forever since I posted anything and I do apologize for that. things have been so crazy around the house. I feel like I have been going 90 to nothing since we got back from the beach :( I really do want to post more meanigful posts I just cant seem to find time. and its not looking any better in the near future!

I am however looking forward to today bc we are celebrating Wills 2nd Birthday! When did my little boy grow up! He actually turned 2 on April 20th but April is such a CRAZY month for our family I decided to just celebrate in May and its worked out in our favor bc we bypassed all the crazy storms.

so what is Will doing at 2 years old? Well he LOVES to talk ( a boy after his moms own heart) and I know I am partial bc hes my boy but he speaks really well.



  • He is using lots of little sentences and really seems to understand lots! He asks for water, juice, milk or choc milk when hes thirsty and he knows the difference between all of them. he repeats everything ( even the not so nice things lol) Just today he took my phone away from me and said " Momma thats my phone, my phone momma" really?!


  • He is also learning to test his boundaries. You can see the look in his eye when he does something wrong. He KNOWS its wrong and yet he still does it- and then looks to you to see if you are gonna call him out. I have heard from soo many parents that their biggest mistake was that they didnt follow through so we are really working on that!


  • time out seems to finally be effective, by NO means did we beat our child but i did not see anything wrong with a swat on the hand or leg but seeing as Will could care less that he was swatted I didnt see fit to cont with this form discipline. Now that he is understanding more I explain to him why he is in time out and he really seems to understand (as much as a 2 yr old will) and of course pulls out the waterworks to get his way. It may work for some but I am learning to be stearn bc i dont want a spoiled brat running around our house.


  • He knows a few shapes and colors although he refers to everything as purple who knows why. He also loves to make animal noises and he is too cute doing them, esp the snake bc he hisses and he wiggles his fingers towards me ( def need to capture this on video).


  • He still is the worlds worst eater but me and Joey are too so I am sure this does not help. He was in the 20% for wt when we went for his 2yr appt. maybe I can put some meat on his bones before his 3yr old one.


  • He loves being outside and he loves his buddy Jaxson. I dont know what we will do when they move. whenever we go outside he immediately walks down to his house and knocks on his door. I hope the new neighbors will understand ha!


  • Hes still a Daddys boy but he does love on his momma from time to time. I just love seeing the joy on his face when Daddy walks through the door. It will just warm your heart.

I know there are so many wonderful things I am forgetting to post about him at this stage but these are just a few that are fresh on my mind. he is the bestest little boy a momma could ask for even when hes screaming at me during nap time :)


I hope he enjoys his vintage plane party tomm. I made sure to not let myself get carried away this year but I did put some fun things together. Pics to come.


0 comments: