Pray For Lucy

Monday, May 9, 2011

Mothers Day 2011



found this and it was too cute to not post.


Im not really in the mood to get all sappy but I wanted to take a minute to recognize a pretty awesome lady in my life, My Mom!

She is always behind the scenes, she doesnt like to boast (sp?)

She has always been there for me, at times things have been crazy for us both but it always seems to workout in the end. We may not see eachother everyday but the random special phone calls make up for it all. So many things weigh heavy on my heart when it comes to my mom. she allows me to put her behind everyone else bc afterall thats what moms do, at times I thank her for this and at others I wish she put her foot down like so many others do. Although it isnt right you never hear a peep. I hate that I have missed so many special days with her I know this is something I will never forgive myself for. when every minute of my days are micromanaged she doesnt always get a time slot. We've been close we've been distant. shes had troubles and so have I. Ive stressed over her and I know she has stressed over me. Despite differences the Love we have is unconditional and I know I dont say it enough but I LOVE MY MOM and I am so proud of the steps shes taken and the steps weve taken to get things back on track!

Happy Mothers Day


My Mothers Day started off great I woke up to a little 2 yr old yelling Momma from his room. I went and jumped in his bed and we laid back down for a few. Then it was time to get up and open all his presents or so he said. We made a pretty good dent in the pile so we went outside to play with our new loot. I fixed some coffee for me and the hubs. I got a new creamer White chocolate caramel latte.....Delicious!

I popped some cinnamon rolls in the oven and went out back to site in the chair and relax. We ate breakfast outside and relaxed for a few hours. the boys both played with their remote control cars. We decided to go to late church since it was so pretty outside and we dont get to many days to spemd together.

We went to church at 11:15. The sermon was good during church me and the hubs had a conversation that went little something like this-


me: you didnt even tell me happy mothers day


hubs: well your not my mother, that would be weird


me: I know I am not your mother but I am the mother to your child


hubs: oh ooookkkkk so your my baby momma, Happy Baby momma day sweetie


gotta love men right :)


We had to take two cars to his grandparents bc he had a softball game and I had to sleep for work so he told me to go on ahead and he would see me there. Well he showed up with some pretty roses and a musical card-if you know my hubby you know this is so not him . i joke with him that he was so much more romantic when we were dating, which he counter remarks with "i thought you were good with money and could cook to" He has a point. And although I love my flowers and card I think the true sign of his love for me was that he (without prompting) brought me home 3 redbulls before i had to leave for work.

*A tiny fact you may not know about me is that i am obsessed with red bull, as in a drink 2 every night i work one on the way into work and one in the 4 oclock hr)

So it may not sound like much but the redbull showed me he cared hehe.


I think these last 3 posts pretty much sum up the weekend. Hopefully I wont wait so long to post again. Hope all my mommy friends had a wonderful day.



1 comments:

Sarah Hill said...

How funny, that's when I drink coffee. What is it about 4 am? I'm sooooooooooooooooo tired from 330-530 ugh I may need to try redbull :)