Ok so seriously, I may be a nurse but when it comes to normal healthy child illnesses I am clueless and tend to freak out ( yes me freak out I know that like never happens and all.....HA) Ask me about gut kids etc and I can help you out, throw me a healthy 2 years old whose had a high fever going on 5 days now and I am at a loss.
My poor Will is pitiful. We got back in town tuesday night and since Wednesday he has been sick. At first it was just a fever that didnt really slow him down. No biggie we popped some tylenol and motrin and life was grand. I thought it was his 2 yr molars. But then we added nasty cough and congestion and diarrhea to the mix along with a slowly increasing fever. His temp last night 104.9 in his ear and 103.3 rectally.
I think yesterday was the icing on the cake for me. Up until that point I was thinking he was fine, I had even only called the peds office once! They said there was a fever virus going around so to keep an eye on him. Well yesterday was the girls 4th birthday at the zoo and from the moment he woke up he was not himself. He was pitiful and whiny and clingy, it broke my heart. we had a pretty big meltdown prior to the bday party, we even opted out of easter egg hunts bc I didnt want him to over do it. Well it didnt seem to matter bc he was NOT feeling the party. It was so sad to see him so isolated from everyone (which hindsight is probably a good thing as to not spread germs) I was playiong photographer so he pretty much stayed in daddys arms the duration of the party. We got home and it only got worse. His fever went up and up despite meds . I had called the peds office again that am and they again told me to just WATCH him, ugh watch him suffer was all I did. When I finally decided I couldnt take it any longer I called the minor med and they closed 3 minutes prior to me calling!
I was really upset, I was afraid and still am that it is some kinda bug that can be treated and we are making him suffer. Our plan was to take him to the minor med today but when he woke up he was fever free and asking for food ( he hasnt eaten in 3 days-he drinks lots but no eating) he was chipper most of the morning and we even took him to the park. We decided against exposing him to more germs if he was getting better. so after breakfast at Blue plate and play time we took a nap.
Well wouldnt you know we wake up from nap with a fever and looking pitiful again. UGH and at that point we couldnt go to the Dr bc Joey had gone fishing and I had to go to work :( So end of story resulting in my poor little guy suffering again tonight. He is so going to the dr tomm wether he has a fever or not. I feel like the worst mom ever bc this is seriously the sickest I have ever seen him. If I didnt know exactly what they wouldve done I wouldve taken him to the ed last night but I knew better lol.
so to all my mommy firends out there have your kiddos gotten this crud and if so what did you do?

3 comments:
High fevers scare me to death ever since Knox had his febrile seizure a yr and a half ago. I go in to mommy/nurse freak out mode around 102... Hope little man gets to feeling better soon :(
let me know Hudson had been sick since Saturday with a fever that comes and goes and has the same symptoms as Will.
Hey girl! Bella just had this same sort of thing starting last Wednesday. All of the sudden Wednesday afternoon she spiked a fever. It was like 104.something. Scared me. I took her to the DR. the next AM. They did a strep test which was neg and said her throat looked red and it might be a viral throat infection. "And just watch her" Then I took her home, and that afternoon she took a nap and woke up 105.3! So again I freaked out, gave her Motrin (they said it's longer acting) and called the doc again. She said to come back the next day and we'd do blood work. All labs were fine.. so they just chocked it up to a virus and that the fever could last up to 5 days. Give her Motrin if she needed it. She was fussy and miserable.. and then 4 days later on Saturday.. she woke up with a low grade fever.. and then perked up and has been fine ever since.. like she was never sick. So weird! (Sorry for writing a book.. but I thought it was strange too.)
Post a Comment