Ok so sorry I have been MIA for the past few days but like I said in my last post little man has been SICK! So I cant exactly remember where we left off but basically we had a high fever with other symptoms for 5+ days. I might have said this already but its where I am goona start. Sunday Will woke up a little more like himself (sat was awful with his spike in temp and behavior and the minor med closing before we could get there), so back to sunday he actually ate and played and seemed soso. Well Joey goes fishing and we nap and of course he wakes up from nap hot and feisty. Well at this point I couldnt call in to work ( it was past the acceptable time) meaning I didnt have time to take him to the minor med. Joey watched him that night while I was at work. He wasnt as bad as saturday night but he was puny so Joey and I decided we would take him to sick clinic at our peds office first thing mon morning. So He wakes up miserable and we head straight there as soon as I get home from work. Luckily there werent a lot of people waiting so we got back to a room really quick. We were also very lucky that his ped was the one rounding in sick clinic that am woo hoo we love Dr. Hanson ( dont get me wrong the others are ok but Dr. Hanson can really put your racing nurse momma mind at ease) so he was actually afebrile (no fever) woo hoo thats a first in like 5 days. Nect Dr. hanson went for the ears....and wouldnt you know DOUBLE ear infection! I almost started crying right then and there bc as mommy you never want to think that your the reason your baby is miserable. Dr. Hanson was very quick to point out though that it probably started out as a viral infection due to the high fever and then when the congestion set in it set him up for the ear infections. He said they prob didnt show up till the day his fever spiked and he felt worse which was saturday which really made me wish we hadnt missed the minor med hrs bc we couldve gotten antibiotics on board then! Oh well cant do anything about the past so we got his rx filled and he is on day 3/10 of omnicef. Luckily his 2 yr check up is next week so we can follow up bc despite the antibiotics he is still pretty crummy feeling this week. I hope he gets to feeling better soon bc it is just down right pitiful to see my little man suffer. Today is his BDay and we did take him to see HOP but that is about the only time he has been happy today :(

0 comments:
Post a Comment