Well first let me just say that I am soooo glad to be home! Traveling after you have a little one is soooo different from traveling before you had them. Dont get me wrong I had a great time but man did I miss my little guy!
The trip started off with a bang, or something like that. We got to the airport bright and early last wed am boarded the plane heading for Atlanta....or so we thought! After sitting on the plane for over 2 hrs they tell us there are "computer problems" and we wont be flying! AFter talking to the travel agent she said get to Atlanta so that we did. We ended up boarding another plane to Atlanta only to miss our connecting flight by 1 hr BOO! And the next plane out to the DR was not until thursday. So that meant staying the night in ATL and that is what we did.
So we got up bright and early Thursday morning and started our trek to the DR again. This time it was smooth sailing unless you count the guy sitting next to me who thought my seat was his seat too and practically sat on me the whole flight ugh! But I was on my way to the beach so I just kept thinking happy thoughts!
So we made it safely and then jumped on the bus to head to the resort. this was interesting yet also sad. The ride took almost an hour and we had to drive through a lot of poverty stricken areas. It kinda made me feel bad heading to this amazing resort while people were left living in these conditions. It definitely makes you think! But I will keep this post happy and upbeat, the interesting part was seeing how crazy these people drive-they were NUTS I tell you. So we made it safely to the resort and thats when the fun began. All we did all week was eat drink and then do it some more.
The food was great and the drinks were good and we had great friends for company. We also met a lot people and hung out with them. Definitely some memorable moments, for instance when Joey won the beer drinking contest and then tried to win the womens dance competition ( yes you read that right). He apparently had a few to many mama juana shots. I dont know what was in that stuff but wooo was it nasty and potent. They call it the baby maker....we shall see?! We tried most of the resturants and most of the drinks. Our favorite by far was the coco loco. They brought it to you in a huge coconut and it was delicious.
After we had been there a few days we decided to do an excursion. We all agreed on deep sea fishing. I think the only good thin that came out of the trip was a pic lol. The waves were huge and we were all puking or very close too, and on top of that we didnt get one bite. So we turned back early and went back to the resort. Here are a few pics from the trip ( there are more on facebook)

Jess took this pic for us..yeah a good pic of us!
Dinner the last night
Our failed attempt at Deep Sea Fishing
Joey shaking what his momma gave him
the beautiful beach (ignore the trash can bottom right-i didnt edit these)
and this pic wasnt even with my good camera

Mama Jaunas
We finally made it ( yes I know these are out of order)
Toes in the water Vacay 2011
Overall we had a great trip. For me personally it was a little long. I think the day delay to start followed by staying a day later to make up for it just kept me from my boy too long. The service was by no means "bad" but it was a lot different from when we stayed in Cabo ( they are just super good in Mexico) In the DR they take it easy which can be a bit of a stretch from our fast pace lives here in the US. The beach and weather however were amazingly gorgeous, if it werent for the no see ems and not having my boy with me I couldve stayed there forever.
No-see-ems I might add are apparently little critters that bite the stew out of ya on the beach. When we went to Cabo I read reviews about them but never had any encounters. Well I didnt see a thing about em when I read up on the DR and wouldnt you know they loved my sweet skin bc I look like I have a case of the chicken poxs and man oh man do they itch like crazy!!!!!!! Im hoping they will go away soon but the spots are quite large so who knows how long they will hang around.
So thats it my DR experience in a blog post.
Great Memories were made for sure!


1 comments:
Love the DR! So glad we could "meet"!
Post a Comment