Pray For Lucy

Monday, September 27, 2010

What do you do when you hit rock bottom

So when did my little SWEET.....

ADORABLE little man.....

turn into such a......


Stink Pot.......



who has officially hit terrible 2's (at 17 months)
I dont even know how to begin to explain the feelings I have had today or the express the concern, stress I have to fix this "problem" that has become apparent overnight!
Okay so let me back track, when i picked Will up from school today istead of the usual "he did great see ya wed" that we normally get I got the report that Will all of a sudden doesnt want to share, SCREAMS and tries to HIT the other children! WHAT!? seriouly am I hearing these words. My precious happy go lucky son is now the class bully. Needless to say this was ALOT to take in and on no sleep (quite a long weekend between work and events). I mean where did he even get this? Now dont get me wrong my child is NOT perfect he is a boy who likes to get dirty, who likes to test mommies limits and who definitely doesnt always want to share/play/give love etc but all that was being described to me was MUCH more and as much as i hate to admit it Joey and I witnessed it just this morning prior to MDO. I had gotten home from work and gave Will his breakfast and I grabbed a pop tart. Well he must have wanted my pop tart bc instead of signing more please (like usual) he begins stomping pointing a squeeling. We quickly reprimanded him but he was still firm in his conviction that it was gonna be his way or no way. Joey said this screaming took place all weekend.
I guess in saying this my next question is what do you do. I know that children will have their moments and i dont believe that Will is going to be any different but this new found tude is so well extreme. Im use to his usual personality. I know hes teething and I know he didnt get much sleep this weekend so i wonder if these can be factors that could take some of the blame ( not all I know)
As far as discipline i think time out is going to work better for him. We were popping his hand/bottom (never really hard just doing so with a firm NO) well that just turned into him laughing thinking it wasa game and whenever we would say No he would smack his own hand. I decided REAL FAST that i didnt want to continue this methid. A few times since then i have sat him beside me and told him he was in time out for 1 minute and that has seemed to work. And if he starts getting fiesty and we are in a "safe" place i walk away and that really works but who can walk away at target... I mean come on! So I am ALL ears for suggestions on how to nip this in the bud!
Ok so I feel better getting all this off my chest! Now its time to sleep!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

We are seeing the same attitude over here! I havent figured out what works yet...but as soon as you know, share the secret. Kate has been a handful lately, and has started screaming this horrid high pitched noise that makes my skin crawl! Ah!

Will be praying for yall too over here!
love~