Pray For Lucy

Thursday, April 15, 2010

OMG! The ABC's of our Bathroom Remodel

WOW I am at a loss for words I am so angry! You would think with our bathroom being completed...finally (and technically not really bc they have to come back to put down the threshold) that I would be jumping for joy INSTEAD i am fuming mad! So a brief run down on our renovation is this a- we demo ourselves b-we realize we get in over our head and decide to wait to start on the remodel until after Wills birthday c-our friends bring over their remodel guy and he quotes us an amazing price to remodel the bathroom which includes all labor we just hae to buy materials d- we say HECK YEAH e-they start work and are almost done exactly a week after starting f-I pay them on their supposed "last day" g-it ends up not being their last day, they cash the check and disappear!!!! h-after calling and calling and excuse afer excuse we get them to come back i-they start to install all of our purchases and go figure i buy all the WRONG stuff so we reschedule them to come another day...j-the please come and finish our bathroom game begins again k-they finally say they are coming to finish at 1 and dont show up till 6! l- I pay extra for trim and apparently that doesnt include the ceiling so i ask if i buy it can they put it up...since they have to come back anyways since they are still not finished? And they say yes (not that will cost you....) m-they finally come to finish tonight and go figure they forget the threshold to transition into bathroom from bedroom. n- i go in the bathroom after they are done and guess what the SINK is LEAKING 0- I am completely over this but i was going to tell them about the leak in the am when they come with the threshold. p-thats when the text comes (not even a phone call like a real man would do) saying we really should pay them 350 more dollars but its up to us if we agree with that...are you kidding me?!?! q-Joey texts him back saying basically we paid you what you asked whats up with this r-they text back that normally that job would have cost triple what we paid s-lesson learned we will not try to get good deals on the next remodel we will just do it ourselves or pay a real company to do it!!!! Ok so I only made it to r and that might have been the stupidest way i have ever describied something but you will have to excuse me bc like i said before I am fuming. I understand we made out with a great deal BUT that is the price that was quoted to us if you wnated more money you shouldve asked for it up front. Apparently they think they tile we picked should be worth more money bc they were 2x2 tiles. Well yes i would aggree EXCEPT they were 12x12 sheets so its the same size as all the other tile UGH ok so i just need to stop typing now bc instead of making me feel better I am only gettingmore mad...so I am gonna go take a shower in my new bathroom and enjoy it HAHA! Goonight bloggers I promise to be refresehed in the am and to post pics of the newest moneypit :)

0 comments: