Pray For Lucy

Friday, October 15, 2010

A Thank You and a Remodel

So here it is the most recent upgrade in our home lol.



this was the inspiration:


If you read my blog often you might remember a post oh months ago about Master bedroom renovating and headboard inspirations. Well i was on a roll for a few days I found the headboard and the nightstands. I even distressed the nightstands and then i lost the drive. I think the biggest part was getting my husband to mount the headboard I which was a pain but sooo worth it) and then there was painting. I despise painting and i wanted to hire someone to do it. The money to pay them wasnt and issue its was just the thought of the boots i want this fall are the same price as the painter sooooo i knew I needed to do it myself haha, nut that requires time and quite frankly there is never enough of that can you imagine painting with the help of an 18 month old hehe. So it wasnt until yesterday that operation remodel kicked into high gear. I sent Will to MDO for a make up day and my neighbor was off work and offered to help me paint when i said thats what I might do. So she met me at home depot and pick a paint color began. I had already picked Martha Stewart Nutshell and tanny brown but i wasnt crazy about it so with the help of Emily we picked A Winters Day it is blue and gray all in one and it couldnt have turned out better! I was not as crazy about my bedding as i had been when i bought it like a year ago ( my projects always take soo long to come together) but against this color it became the perfect compliment it isnt nearly as LOUD as i was expecting. And yes although it is feminine it has a very soft feel and to me it is my own little slice of pottery barn heaven for half the cost! Blogger is being SLOW today and I really need to sleep for work so i will try to post more pics and some before and afters later this weekend.
And Most of all Thanks to everyone who emailed me about my last post. i dont know whe reads this blog so my intentions were not to get a huge outpouring of response so when I did I was taken by surprise. It made me feel less alone in this crazy world to know that a lot of other people feel the way I do. I am so thankful for such wonderful supporters in my life :)More to come soon...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's very pretty! Good job. The bedding is great!

Maria said...

I love it! I want to change my headboard too and i am looking for ideas.

Cameron Nash said...

Thannk you