So on so many blogs these day I am seeing all kinds of wish lists and it made me think of my own wish list. A wish list that I wish (haha) that I didnt have. This is the ugly side you often dont see on blogs because most people want you to think life is perfect., and you know for them i hope it is but for me well life isnt always perfect ( or atleast it doesnt always feel like it). So anyways back to the story at hand my wish list. Too often i find myself wishing for what i dont have or even worse what others have. You know it normally starts with the usual... i hate my house i wish i had a new one, i hate my body why cant i lose like 50 lbs, i hate my job why cant i not work oh yeah that little thing called debt WHICH I wish i didnt have, if only i could be like (insert whoever here) and if i could only have (insert that certain object your dying for here)....and the list goes on and on. Well lately i have just been over it, yes i will admit it I have been in a complete FUNK of a mood! Ive been tired, ive been stressed, my house is a wreck ( more so than usual), I am dying to get my master bedroom finished ( yeah remember that project i started oh like FOREVER ago) i cant figure out why i cant get my husband to finish the headboard and or paint. Will has reached terrible twos and i hate that i find myself wanting to pull my hair out sometimes ( i mean arent you suppose to be Super happy fun mom 24/7) not to mention we have been talking in my moms group bible study the past few weeks about being in a desert (spiritually) well no way thats not me (right?!). Our guest speaker Shannon was not TOTALLY talking about me last week when she was talking about going through "the motions" because you feel like thats what you are suppose to be doing and not necessarily bc you are wanting to. Even this morning when i woke up Joey asks me if we are going to church? I mean really do I always have to be the responsible one? And then i wanted to be like NO we arent just bc (again this sometimes feels like a have to instead of a want to for various reasons that are for another post all together) but as always we get up and go then on the way Joeys asks if I just want to go to eat breakfast then go home ( following the lime green snot mustache Will just had prior to this question again this to will be for another post) and again tempting but we were 3/4 of the way to church so i stayed strong and said lets go ( as did joey bc like i said we were almost there). And the mood continued ( since we are being honest i wont hold back and apologize if this offends anyone) So we get Will in the nursery, which is going better these days. We finally get to the service and wouldnt you know it is the associate pastor (who doesnt hold my attention very well....just saying) So i go into random though mode and think of all the things i could be doing in that moment ( laundry, cleaning sleeping for work,etc) and then as soon as it starts church service is over. and before i talk about the last part i just have to add that from the moment i woke up this morning i had been praying for God to open my heart to him, to lighten my mood and to basically get me out of this funk bc well to be real it coudl be worse! And wouldnt you know i had just about given up of being enlightend today and then the associate pastor said he wanted to conclude this series with a song and BAM it happened....my heart was lightened and some of those burdens were lifted. Of all days i didnt get a pamplet ( if any of my hope friends know how i could get a copy i would greatly appreciate it) They sang the song " Before the Morning" (thanks google) and here are the lyrics for any of you who are inspired more by songs sometimes like i am
Do you wonder why you have to,feel the things that hurt you,

2 comments:
Cassie - thank you for sharing that. I think we all feel that way - You are a wonderful mom and I admire you so much. You balance work and Will and your photography business in such an amazing way!
I love reading other peoples blogs although I never write my own-ha! I have been feeling this exact same way lately! Just pouting over everything!! We also are stuck with some dept we incurred and it stinks because all our extra money has to go to that so I feel like I sacrifice everything but its a hole we dug ourselves! My house is too small and my car is like 11 years old-ha! But it could be so much worse! It's really hard to keep things in perspective and realize how blessed we all are. I thing it's totally normal to feel this way. I have never started, but always intended to start a thankful journal. You just write a few things down each day you are thankful for. We really have so many things, I think we just start taking things for granted and its so easy to compare our lives to other people lives, but perhaps those with more are not even happy. There are probably people who look at your life and are envious of what you have as well. I also cried at the end of the service and this elderly man in front of my was crying which really tore me up! There were only 3 points on the notes, so if you
want them I will email them to you! Bethany Vickery
Post a Comment