Pray For Lucy

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

On a not so fun note.....

Yesterday we had quite the adventure. I was having a fabulous day at work when I started feeling a little funny. I thought it was just lunch so I went on about my business, but around 4 o'clock I still felt funny and it was getting a little worse. I was hot and dizzy and my cankles were the biggest they had ever been! I went to take my blood pressure on one of the other units and it was 121/80. Normally not high but see mine usually run low 100's over 60's and not to mention im on a drug called procardia for contractions but its actually a blood pressure medication. So to have an above norm bp on top of all this the girls thought I should call the doc. The only problem with calling the doc is then they want to see you :( So luckily I work with some amazing ladies and they worked it out so I could leave and run over to the doctors office. When I got there I really wasnt worried about my bp I was more worried that I had to leave work, when they took my bp there it was 134/86 which is way high for me! The Dr. came in to see me and said she wanted me to go to Germantown for some labs and tests :( So off i went to the hospital. Luckily once i laid down for a while my blood pressure went back down to 98/60, my labs didnt show anything crazy and my ekg was fine so I got to go home. I was super mad last night because not only did I have to leave work (lose pay) I had to pay (im sure a million dollars) for all they did at the doctors office and the hospital. After I thought about it I calmed down because I am lucky that nothing was wrong and that me and the little man are ok. I would rather go a hundred times and everything be ok than to go and find out something was wrong with our child or myself! I go back to the doctor on thursday so I am just hoping that he doesnt put me on bedrest! The pattern seems to be I do better when I am off my feet but I want to work as long as possible so I have more time to spend with him once he is here! So if everyone would keep the bean in their prayers I would appreciate it. I tell him every day he better behave but he's already started not listening and he's not even here yet.....

0 comments: