Yeah so I am not quite sure how I feel about this "stage" in our life lol. So for two days we have tried and for 2 days we have well.....FAILED! Im thinking he is just not ready, and that is fine, we arent in any rush or race.. I only attempted because he was all about telling me when he pee'd and poo'd and his diapers were dry for a good majority of the day. Well to start I got all the goodies ready, the potty, the treats the distractions and we were good to go. There was just one problem. Will HATES the potty. We only had one accident over the two days but he did NOT want to sit or go for the that matter on the potty ( little or big potty-both were equally hated). I managed to distract him long enough on two occasions to actually sit there and pee on the potty and then praised him non stop but then after recieving only one fruit snack for his good deed a full meltdown occured. And did I mention the two rare occasions that he sat on the potty distracted were in the midst of all the other epic meltdowns which required me holding him down on the potty ( pretty sure thats not gonna help the cause). So for now we will have a diaper wearing kid in the house a little longer. If he shows interest again I will be more than happy to try but this go round is feeling more like a force and it has not been fun!

0 comments:
Post a Comment