Pray For Lucy

Monday, November 23, 2009

What A Day!

Wills Baptism

Will was waving back to Father Bruce


Making the sign of the cross on Wills head

Ok so WOW I just so happen to turn on the evening news in between catching up on my tivo and what do I see? A story about the biggest crib recall in i dont know how long? And what brand is it???Storkcraft?! Did I hear correctly, am I really seeing that they are recalling my childs crib on national television for its risk of suffocating children? Oh but I should feel so safe because they are sending a free "repair" kit?! I think NOT I dont care how I am suppose to fix it but I dont think I will ever be able to place my child in this crib again! I guess the silver lining is that I havent exactly been putting him in his crib I mean my intentions are good but well he is a snuggler and my heart just melts when he cries in his crib sooo luckily he has been in our bed and not his crib for most of our life so he has been out of harms way. You can see the whole recall info here at their website storkcraft.com. Luckily we contacted the store that we purchased the crib from and although we dont have the box we do have our online confirmation number so we can return the crib for a new make/model which we have already picked out so I will let you know how it turns out. Now onto the highlight of the weekend This weekend was Will's baptism and so many of our friends and family joined us on this special day. Will was so good until the very end when i think he had enough of the paparazzi (aka mom) now I know why (keep reading). After the baptism we had a big family lunch and then Joey and I went to Babys r us to do a little Christmas shopping for Will. We found lots of goodys including his big gift the fisher price barnyard (its kinda like the girls kitchen/house) but its a barn for a boy. so I am slowly checking off my list and checking twice lol! I cant wait for the holidays this year. It is going to be such a special time this year with our newest edition getting to experience all the reasons for the season! But I am afraid I must go motherly duties call oh but before i say goodnight if anyone knows where I can get a cute stocking PLEASE let me know I so need a stocking for Will!! Oh Wait I almost forgot to explain why Will was a little fussy on Sunday, he was also a little fussy today so after bath time I happen to get a peek into his mouth and there are 2 more teeth that have broken the skin so he now has his two front bottom teeth and now he is working on his two front teeth on top needless to say it is making him a little grumpy! But i must say he is being a trooper,oh and he has officially realized that he can crawl wherever he wants for the longest he only crawled when he got really excited about something and had to get it but not he just wants to explore!




1 comments:

Love from Texas said...

ugghhh the SAME thing just happened with my maclaren umbrella stroller!! apparently it's been amputating kids' fingers off - yikes!

as far as the stocking - check out pottery barn kids. they have some cute quilted ones for the whole family (each with different applique designs) and you can even get a baby's 1st christmas one if you wanted.