Pray For Lucy

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Is it really November already????


I cannot believe we are reaching the end to another year, where has the time gone? This year has brought so many changes to my life and it has seemed like a whirlwind. You try to take in every second but everytime you turn around another month has flown by. This year I became the mother of a wonderful baby boy who is now 6 1/2 months old, I shared a 2nd wedding anniversary with my amazing husband and I have joined 2 new moms group ( the first group adopted me and the second group I joined seeing that Will would probably appreciate playing with kids he can keep up with the first moms group had big kids because they had been together since their kids were Wills age. I love them both and I am so glad that I am getting to worship with such amazing women and moms!
On the same note however I feel that I have found myself in a bit of a rut. Maybe its just something us women go through but geez its totally like the title of the book we r reading in moms group -My bathtub is overflowing but i feel drained- I am feeling well VERY drained. I am so thakful for all the God has given me I just feel myself at a loss of energy I am so busy trying to wear the many hats of life (mom, wife, housekeeper, nurse, etc.) that i feel as if life is passing by without and true get up an go from me. I think the only thing I really give my all is Motherhood but I know that that is not all that I should be doing ( lets just say I have let myself go I have grey hairs unpedicured toes and quite the spare tire and I dont mean the one for my car lol) and its not just that funny remark either its just a general feeling of blah!
Its times like these that I begin to dislike working weekends I have not been to church since I started back to work and well to put it bluntly I feel that maybe that is the motivation that I am lacking I need some spiritual intervention! Mothers group gets me by but I feel that I am needing more time with God-Does anybody know any bible studies and or services during the week at their church I would really like to find something out there to pick me up!
But enough of the Debbie Downer talk and onto the highlights of life right now (the "my bathtub is overflowing" part of the title. Will is officially a crawler and he as even went from crawling position to sit up position all on his own-he is such the big boy. We are having trouble getting him back to his crib and not our bed but I know it will happen in due time. I have recently started to take my love photography to the next level. I have begun taking pictures of my friends and coworkers children and well I love it so much. I really hope that I can excel at it and do it more often! Halloween was a blast I got to share the evening with family and friends. I am going to make and honest effort to make a little me time in the near future as well as a little married folk time I know that although it will be hard to not make mommy time my top priority but I am feeling that if I can make myself more well rounded it will lead to a better Cassie to share across the board in every hat I try to wear! Whats that phrase they say on tv Admitting you need help is the first step lol I am not sure that anyone even reads my silly little blog but getting everything off my chest makes me feel better already! Now off to dreamland in the bed minus one occupant (because he is actually asleep in his crib) woo hoo the battle stands Will 1/2 Mom 1


0 comments: