Pray For Lucy

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Potty Trained?

So I feel like the past week and a half of my life has revolved around the potty. Last Tuesday we started wearing big boy pants in our house. Will was showing interest and I'm all for saving money in the diaper dept since we were about to start having to buy double.
Will has been doing so great! We only had one pee accident and a few poo ones but I've been told that is inevitable. I wasn't really sure what else needed to be done, he was going whenever we asked but not telling us if he needed to go. And then I tried to get him to go in public and that was a disaster!!!
So I figured if we at least minimized our diaper use I was cool with that. Well then we started this week. He continued doing well and even showing less resistance when asked to pee! His teachers at school even said he went 4 times with them! The turning point was yesterday when I walked in on him peeing (without being asked to) I was so excited and since then he has even said I need to pee a few times.
So today I bit the bullet and attempted a day of outings!! We overslept for moms group ( boo bc I was really looking forward to discussing the chapter of our reading but the rest was nice too) so when we finally got out of bed we met up with a friend and her children at the play area at the wolf chase mall. So we made it from the house to the mall with no accident. After we ate lunch I took him to the potty and after much argument he finally peed! Then we played and the we pee'd again before we left and he went without hesitation. :) talk about a happy momma. So we rode the carousel as a reward a went to see daddy before heading back to our neck of the woods. We made it home dry and when we got home he said he needed to go and even went #2. Naptime was a success and so was dinner. We are now watching tv and he is at it again !!! So although I know this is just the beginning I am still so proud of my little man. And even though pee and poo and potential incidents will not leave my daily topics of conversation maybe I can stop going crazy about it haha!! So now you know every little details of my sons bodily functions I will try to curve the pee posts lol!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I am no where near potty training Logan yet, but someone told me to carry little post-it notes with you when you have to use public restrooms to put over the automatic flush sensors (when they have them). I thought that was a great idea since I am sure they are scary to kids!