Pray For Lucy

Saturday, February 26, 2011

A little more meaningful...

Ok so I feel like I havent really posted anything real " earth moving" lately. Most of my posts have been all fluffy just to take up space, bc frankly I have been a little overwhelmed with those things that are often out of my control ( and not blogged about). I feel like things are slowing down a bit and I really miss blogging so I am going to do my best to get back in the swing of things and make this a kick @*$ blog you know like the ones you actually wanna stalk, I mean read. So although there are no pics to go with this post ( sorry I am at work) I wanted to get some random things jotted down.

First....I dont think I have mentioned anything about my " get skinny" workout mission lately. WELL I joined the gym on january 11th and have been going pretty much every day, the weekends are a where I slack but give me a break I work all night fri and sunday so getting buff falls way behind catching up on sleep and we all know how much i like my sleep! Any how I am about a month and a half in amd I am proud to say that I have lost 11 POUNDS. Starting wt was 171-172 current wt is 160-161! On an even more awesome note this means I have officially lost ALL of my baby wt from Will! and I do believe my exact words to Joey were that we "could start trying for baby number 2 when I lost the baby number 1 wt " so who knows what will happen in the near future???????? But I guess you will have to stay tuned for that.

I am also super excited that in just over a month I will be vacationing in the Dominican Republic with a couple of besties and my wonderful hubby! There are a couple of besties I wish were coming with ( i.e Sandra & Rachel) but I know all in all that it will be a blast ( once I get over the leaving Will for the first time thing UGH not looking forward to the plane ride there Im sure there will be tears)

Ive got a lot on my mind right now as far as work. Word on the street is that there are lots of positions opening up. Unfortunately I have gotten use to the night weekend pay and schedule ( 2 days of work a week) the hubs would love to see me go back to days-and in a way I would like that too but right now the cons out weigh the pros so who knows what I will do. I am just gonna keep praying about it and hopefully the right decision will make itself known!

And lastly and on a more serious note I would like to ask everyone ( or should I say anyone) who reads this blog to please send some BIG PRAYERS up for a little lady named Lucy and her family. I dont know Lucy personally but her Aunt was my college roomie/sorority sis and she had surgery today to remove brain and spine tumors,I dont know details ( nor would I want to post business that is really not mine to share) but I just ask that everyone say a prayer for this sweet girl and her family bc I cant even begin to imagine what they are going through. I talked with another sorotiy sis and I am going to attempt to make a blog button for her and if I am successful I will post it on here for all my blog friends to post to their wall and hopefully we can gain tons of prayer warriors for LUCY!

Until next time-

2 comments:

Sarah Hill said...

Ok, so let me just say, when you took Jane Ellis' newborn pics, you did not look like you weighed 170... infact, when I saw you were working out I thought it was just to tone up lol So, with that said, what are you doing, aerobics classes, weight lifting, running, combo?

Cassie & Joey said...

i have fell in love with the arc trainer ( if that is how you spell it?) its kind of like an elliptical but you burn a crazy amount of calories, I want to start lifting weights to tone but i have no idea what to do so right now it is just cardio for 1-2 hrs a day :)