An Amazing story told through the eyes of a 4 year old.So Joey had his surgery today and all went well and we are back home. I think it is gonna be a LONG recovery process ( longer than either of us expected) Will is already VERY distressed that he cannot cuddle with daddy. I have a feeling this issue is only going to get worse seeing as he is a TOTAL daddy's boy. Joey also has a continous nerve block/numbing infusion into a nerve in his shoulder and i have to pull the cath from his neck on sunday...eeeekkk! I am no go with the adult stuff so wish me luck ( knowing that Joey will scream either real or fake when the time comes just to give me a heart attack). We got to the surgery center around 7:30 and i believe they started the procedure around 9:45. We got to leave at around 12:30 so overall it wasnt to long of an ordeal. Joey slept most of the afternoon and now we are al watching tv.
So since i knew that I would be waiting for a while during Joeys procedure i tried to find a new book to read. I brought my nook and after viewing the barnes and noble top 100 i found an interesting title. Heaven is for Real to make it better it was only 6.00 on my nook so i read the summary and it stated that it was basically a 4 year olds experience after having a near death experience that led him to visit heaven. Its a true story and needless to say i was sold. I think about Will and his innocence being so young and I was intrigued to read more from this little boy. So I bought the book and uploaded it to my reader. And so began my love affair with this book. Its a good thing I had nothing else to do because I could NOT put this book down. The story is told by the father ( who is a pastor) but he recalls all the events leading up to his sons incident and then vividly recalls all his sons memories from his short time in heaven. It was so beautiful to imagine the way this 4 year old saw and took in things. I consider myself a believer but I am still so flawed. I think my biggest flaw is that I am scared of death. I know no one wants to die but I trully have panic attacks in the middle of the night ( yes pretty much nightly) about dying, I cant believe I am admitting this hopefully no one thinks I am totally morbid. I guess my fears all boil down to the fact that I feel I am not ready. I love Jesus and I am baptized and I attend church on a somewhat regular bases , and pray and blah blah blah but I know that I am no where near what I need to be to meet Jesus and be welcomed into heaven and I desperately want to be that person but for every step forward i have steps that I take backwards. Its funny because this was never something that stressed me until I had a child of my own. Its funny how God can send you the smallest package that can make the biggest impact. Ok so i completely got off on a self revelation tangent lol but any how this book makes things a little less scary. The pastor in the book even states how some concepts are hard to grasp even though you believe without "seeing" its hard to fully understand. Well even though I havent seen anything imagining what this little boy depicts will melt your heart. Its a short read ( only 158 pages) and I just cannot say enough about it, if your looking for a good book i highly recommend reading Heaven is for Real. Well thats it for me tonight got to go care for the sick :)


0 comments:
Post a Comment