So I've been mia with a good reason I might add. Time has flown by since we welcomed Baby Brooks into the world. I can't believe he's almost a week old. Things has been going really well! Will is so good with Brooks but his testy 3 year old stage is still in full swing. He started it about 2-3 weeks before his brothers arrival so we were a little use to it luckily. Even with his little "tude" I wouldn't change it for the world, he can be so sassy and then so loving all in the same moment!
Brooks has been an angel. Maybe it's bc it's the second time around but my stress level doesn't seem near as high as when we brought Will home, I've been very laid back (for me haha) and I think that helps with his disposition. A perfect example would be yesterday during a routine poopy diaper change. I would consider myself a skilled diaper changer since I changed a million with Will and millions at work. Well let's just say I was taking way to long applying but cream and Neosporin to his circ bc he shot poop out all over the couch! I just laughed I mean what else can you do? Well then as I am getting Joeys assistance with the poop he starts spraying pee everywhere, again more laughing! It was a nice moment to have as parents to realize you can get through anything together. This same scenario with Will would have caused an all time stress level max for us but not anymore!!
Sleeping wise Brooks is pretty good, like all babies he pretty much eat, sleeps and poos. He's eating every 2-3 hours with cluster feelings along with a little fussiness during late afternoon. Night times usually allow for atleast one 4 hr stretch, I think working nights helps with the exhaustion factor. I am definitely tired but it doesn't seem as bad as the first go round. I even got a nap this afternoon :)
We love to cuddle but I am trying to not hold him 24/7 bc I know that won't be an easy thing to do once it's just me and the kiddos. Joey has been home with us since Friday and has to go back to work tomm . I have to admit I am a little sadist been really nice to spend the time together!
We have gotten out of the house a few times already. People aren't kidding when they say recovery from the 2nd c-section is way easier! I have felt great with a little soreness here and there but it's normally after I've done way more than I should. We ventured out for Brooks newborn pics today with LMacStudio and Lisa already posted a few and I am in love. Brooks actually cooperated and I cannot wait to see all the pics bc the sneak peek is amazing!! This post is already way too long so I will leave you with some pics :)
P.S. birth story to come....you know with me and my kiddos there's got to be some level of drama lol and Brooks arrival was no exception!!
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
Life with Boy-s!
Posted by Cassie & Joey at 7:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comments:
beautiful pictures! i know you're over the moon in love
Post a Comment